The mission of the department – is to educate designers who are able to create modern architectural decisions which improve the living comfort; furthermore, they provide maximum profitability and ease of operation.
Priorities of Architectural Education
The goal set of the academic program
- social value;
- personal aspiration, career;
- the prestige of the profession;
- unique character of the profession;
- availability of information and institutional framework;
- compliance with international standards.
- formation of the individual purpose (cognitive training);
- formation of own path of training; (personalized learning)
- labor market;
- material and technical support.
- barriers removal;
- cognitive training.
Today near 1800 students study at architecture department; there are 200 foreign citizens among them.
Specialized subjects are taught by the well-known architects, doctors of architecture, professors, laureates of state awards in the field of architecture and urban planning.
The graduates of architecture department head modern architecture bureaus, work in the public authorities.
Academic and creative activities of the department are closely connected with the Ukrainian Academy of Architecture, the National Union of Architects of Ukraine and a number of leading scientific, design and construction institutions. Every week architectural Fridays take place in the lobby of the faculty. The students meet with well-known architects who give practical pieces of advice to the future specialists. The exhibitions of works of art, projects of students, teachers and graduates are arranged here.
The department was created in 1930 basing on the association of the architecture faculty, which was transferred from the Kyiv Art Institute, and the Communal Construction Faculty located in the KPI.
The department includes 11 chairs:
- City Development;
- Fundamentals of Architecture and Architectural Design;
- Architectural design of civil buildings and structures;
- Theory of Architecture;
- Environmental Design;
- Drawing and Painting;
- Architectural Constructions;
- Descriptive geometry and engineering drawing;
- Information Technologies in Architecture;
- Landscape Architecture.