The Mykolayiv Construction College of KNUCA trains bachelors and junior specialists in the fields of “Construction and Architecture”, “Mechanical Engineering and Materials Processing” and “Computer Science”.
The educational work of the college is carried out by 10 cycle commissions. Among 80 teachers of the college there is the Honored Worker of Education of Ukraine, Honored Teacher of Ukrainian SSR, the candidates of technical sciences and the high-qualified specialists. Six teachers continue their studies in the part-time doctoral program. The educational process in our college is also provided by the scientific and pedagogical staff of higher educational institutions of the IV level of accreditation from Mykolayiv and Kyiv.
790 students take part in the daytime and distance education departments of the college. During the years of its existence, our college has trained about 40 thousand specialists.
The main tasks and activities of the college are:
- the development of the college as a regional educational and scientific center for training of the specialists for construction production, science, education, culture, economic and social activities;
- raising the level of capacity of the workforce of the college;
- creation of the system for the current perspective evaluation of the intellectual labor market;
- opening of new specialties for the training of professionals to meet the needs of labor market;
- improvement of the regulatory framework of the college, of structure and methods of management and development of the system of educational work;
- development of the facilities and resources and social infrastructure of the college.
Mykolayiv Construction College was established on May 27, 1944, in 1990 it was reorganized into a college, and since May 22, 2006 it was included into the structure of Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture as a separate structural unit.
The following educational technologies are used in the training process: modern special computer programs, information technologies, business games. The introduction of a credit-module system into the assessment of students’ knowledge is considered to be a significant change in the training process of the college. It has been in operation since 2007.
The practical classes are held in the training workshops. All the students are provided with individual workplaces, equipment and tools, as well as with the measuring instruments and devices. Production practices and pre-graduated practical training are carried out directly at the construction enterprises. Students and teachers may use a reading room, an educational computer center connected to the Internet, two sports halls, a sports playground, an assembly hall and a hostel.
Mykolayiv College of Construction of KNUCA