The strategic purpose of the department is the human resourcing of construction branch and the related branches of education and science with qualified specialists with a high level of professional, creative and social activity.
The activity of the department is based on three main principles of world university ratings, they are:
- academic and scientific reputation;
- reputation of the graduates among the employers;
- academic mobility of the students and teaching staff;
- Quantitative and qualitative level of scientific works citation.
The students get educational and qualification levels of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the following specialties:
Ecology (specialization – Ecology and environmental protection) : system training of ecologists; provision of safe living conditions of a person; ecological and economic calculations of the closed technological cycles;
Heat power engineering (specialization – Energy management): system training of energy specialists for various industries; rational use of natural resources, resource and energy saving;
Technologies of environmental protection (specialization – Technologies of environmental protection): system training of specialists on implementation and use of technologies for environmental protection and ensuring environmental safety in the economic sectors;
Construction and civil engineering. Specializations:
– hydrotechnical construction : construction and operation of hydraulic structures of different purposes; analysis of the state of hydraulic engineering objects; organization of corrective, underwater works; administrative and economic support of construction;
– water supply and sewage systems : construction and operation of water supply and sewage systems; preparation of water for drinking and industrial use; use of secondary and renewable resources;
– heat and gas supply and ventilation : system training of specialists in installation and operation of heat and gas supply systems, heating systems, hot water supply, ventilation, air conditioning, cleaning of harmful ventilation and technological emissions.
The graduates of the department hold engineering and management positions at enterprises, public enterprises dealing with environmental protection, municipal and industrial thermal power engineering, scientific organizations and control bodies related to observance of laws in the field of environmental protection, rational use of natural resources. They can carry out resource-energy surveys and audits.
The department cooperates with the publication of 5 scientific journals and specialized scientific and technical collections, 2 of them are published in English. The agreements about cooperation have been concluded with the following companies: PJSC “Kyivgas”, Herz Armaturen GMBH, “Danfoss Ukraine”, Rehau GmbH, Vaillant Group, Vissmann, KAN Sp., And the Association of Gas Equipment Producers and Suppliers, PJSC “AK Kyivvodokanal”. Together with Vaillant Group a modern laboratory has been equipped for our students’ training.
The history of the Department begins since KPI (1898) was founded, there the first sanitary-engineering department was created, which in 1930 became a structural subdivision of the Kyiv civil engineering institute, and since 1944 it became a faculty. During a long period the department was called the Sanitary-Engineering department, and since 2014 it was renamed into Engineering Systems and Ecology Department (ESED).
The department includes five chairs:
- Water Supply and Sewage Systems;
- Labor and environmental protection;
- Heat and gas supply and ventilation;
- Heat engineering;